Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Love for Lucite


I have recently discovered a love for lucite - specifically, the lucite Ghost Chairs designed by Philipe Starck. I love that their design is decidedly old-fashioned, but done in a modern material. Combined with the right interior design elements, these chairs make any room like sophisticated and glamorous.


They come in different shades, but my favorite remains the plain clear ones. They are a little pricey, but someday I dream of having one in my home office - from which I will write dozens of fabulous articles for magazines like Vogue and Vanity Fair. An office like this one, preferably...


How girly, romantic and stylish is this little work area? I love the pink accents. Mirrored glass and silver mercury finishes (like the one on the vase of flowers) are a great way to compliment a Ghost Chair.


Another lovely example of a work space with a Ghost Chair. Funny, Tiffany Blue also seems to go well with those chairs. Doesn't the mirrored desk give the whole simple set-up, a glam feeling?


They even look great as dining room chairs. I like the polished concrete floors here, combined with the chairs and chandelier, they make the whole room look like part of a luxe Miami hotel or something.

Finally, I know I am a grown woman, but is it so wrong to love these Barbie designed versions of the Ghost Chair? They would be adorable in a walk-in closet/dressing room - and they even have a little tiny one for kids. I have a serious crush on these chairs.


Cheers! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment