Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Alice and Olivia Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear Collection

I have been a long time fan of Stacey Bendet and her girly-with-an-edge collection, Alice and Olivia. She somehow manages to make glamorous party dresses that are sexy and a little rocker at the same time. Any of her dresses would look perfect topped with a leather jacket - let's just put it that way.

Her fall 2011 ready-to-wear collection showed at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in NYC a couple weeks ago, and usual with her collections, I am completely smitten. There are plenty of sequins - my favorite - and chunky knits, a relatively new thing for an Alice and Olivia collection. Some of the dresses have a wonderful flapper-girl vibe, and there are some wild prints that would be fun to play with as well. Check out all of the gorgeous-ness, below...

All images courtesy of www.style.com
I am already imagining wearing that sequined silver long sleeved dress for Christmas Eve, and I love the juxtaposition of the ladylike Chanel-style tweed pencil skirt with a sexy little bustier top.





I love the way this lookbook was styled - I would never think to put those prints and textures together on the left - but they look fabulous as an ensemble. And the coat and boots? As Rachel Zoe would say, I DIE.


What a fun flouncy little skirt - a bit short for me, but love that its paired with a conservative look on top - a great little jacket and pearls. And speaking of pearls, check out that perfect flapper dress.


Yes, please to both of the above dresses. The gold sequin dress reminds me of an Oscar statue, definitely a winner. And the tulle overlay on the dress on the right is reminiscent of the ballet trend we've seen already this year. Sweet and lovely.


Great looking winter options - a chunky knit, a fun fur stole, and of course, more sequins. Oh Alice and Olivia, how I adore you.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment