Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Style Report: Fall Shoes

Miu Miu Bootie via The Glitter Guide
One of my favorite things about each new fashion season is seeing the new shoe styles - because, quite honestly, I am a complete shoe addict. From stiletto's to flats, I love them all - love how many variations there are, how they are like little works of art for your feet.

This fall, the shoe collections are big on wedges, high-healed loafers, bright colorful pumps, satin fabrics, patent leather, booties, ankle straps and thick chunky heels. Here are some of my personal favorite picks for the season...

First up - booties! I love them paired with tights and short feminine skirts, or mini-dresses. They make me feel so rocker-chic and like a true fashionista.


Left to Right, Top to Bottom: Plum Suede Boot - Alexander McQueen, Buckle Boot - Stella McCartney, Suede Camel Boot - Alexandre Birman, Blue Suede Boot - Chrisitan Louboutin, Blue Peep Toe Boot - Alexandre Birman, Brown Slip-On Boot - Bally, Black Lace Up Boot - Alexander Wang, Black and White Slingback Boot - Aperlai, Stitched Platform Boot - Jimmy Choo - all images courtesy of Style.com


Next up -wedges! I am a big fan of the wedge - mostly because I can get the height without quite as much pain as a stiletto. I am dying over the leopard print wedge - if I could only pick one shoe this fall, that could quite possibly be it.

Ankle Strap Wedge - 3.1 Phillip Lim, Loafer Wedge - Jill Stuart, Leopard Print Wedge - DKNY, Color Block Wedge - Pierre Hardy

Brightly colored pumps are next. I wish I had more of this kind of shoe in my closet - its such a fun way to jazz up an outfit and add a little punch to an all black ensemble during the fall or winter months.

Green Tweed Pump - Aperlai, Blue Satin Pump - Jason Wu, Red Ruffle Pump - Sergio Rossi

Since purple is one of my favorite colors of all time, I naturally had to pick my favorites in every shade of this lovely hue. The Jimmy Choo bootie is amazing and so glamorous, but I also love the D'Orsay loafer with the low heel from Oscar de la Renta - I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it before.

Bejeweled Bootie - Jimmy Choo, D'Orsay Loafer - Oscar de la Renta, Large Buckle Sandal - Roger Vivier, Peep Toe Heel - Yves St Laurent

And finally, a few simply stunning white and black options that make my little heart go pitter-patter. Especially the cream feathered ones from Christian Dior - imagine them under your wedding dress - be still my heart!

Feathered Platform Pump - Christian Dior, Patent Leather Ankle Strap - Christian Louboutin, Peep Toe Ankle Strap Pump - Pierre Hardy
Now, if I could just fill my closet with one of each of these fabulous pairs of shoes, I would be the luckiest fashionista in the world. 

Which one would you pick if you could pick only one?

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment