Monday, May 9, 2011

Stacks of Bracelets and Over-sized Clutches

Source: www.cupcakesandcashmere.com
 In the past few weeks, I have noticed two trends popping up all over the place - everywhere I look - and I am, naturally, all about both of them. The first is over-sized clutches, which appeal to me largely because I like to carry my life around in my purses and that is never quite possible with a dainty little clutch. Some of these over-sized beauties could fit an entire change of clothes in them - another idea that greatly appeals to me.

The second trend is stacks of bracelets, worn all together, working their way up to the elbows! I like the idea of pairing jewelry of all different styles - leather cuffs, chunky watches, matching bangles and delicate chains - all together. Mixing silver with gold, adding splashes of color - its a wonderful way to spice up your jewelry collection and look, and even the most refined and elegant pieces can look fabulously bohemian and hip when stacked together on an arm.

The funniest part of researching this trend was that when I started pulling together all of the inspiring images and looks - I realized almost all the photographs include the two trends - together. Girls carrying giant clutches with loads of bracelets on their arms. This just let me know I was on the right track with this trend! Check it out...

Top to Bottom: MiuMiu Fall 2011 Runway Show, Blue Celine Clutch, Envelope Clutches from Asos
The gold frame Miu Miu clutch is so charming - like a blown up version of its smaller self, I would carry this any day of the year. I also like the simple, clean lines of the blue Celine clutch - just a pouch, really, with no frills. But what a great color! And of course, who doesn't love an envelope clutch? This ladylike choice, re-imagined by Asos, comes in some fabulously eye-popping shades and would make a perfect choice for toting to work in place of a briefcase!


Top to Bottom: Black and Brown Rebecca Minkoff clutches from ShopBop, Jil Sander floral clutch.
Loving the classic options from Rebecca Minkoff - I am already picturing carrying them around wearing little white gloves. Jil Sander's floral clutch is so bold and bright, its practically the only accessory you would need for any outfit.


Left to Right: MiuMiu Fall 2011 Runway and Atlantic Pacific
There is that Miu Miu bag again, in black. It's okay that I have both, right? On the right, great style and inspiration from the lovely lady behind the Atlantic Pacific blog - and a peek at the trend combination I mentioned before - notice the shiny set of gold bracelets on her arm?!


Left to Right, Top to Bottom: Marni clutch from Net-a-Porter, American Apparel clutch, Miu Miu clutch from Net-a-Porter, and Clare Vivier clutch.
 More enchanting options - my personal favorites are the simplest ones from American Apparel (hooray for an affordable option!) and Clare Vivier. Although that very chic Marni one is also calling my name...

And now, the bracelets...I can't even tell you how much I adore this look. And the fact that there are more over-sized clutches to ogle in each image!

Top to Bottom: TheGlitterGuide and SterlingStyle
I have been thinking about getting a big, round-faced, chunky, men's gold watch for some time now. I really like the way it looks to combine the watch between bracelets and bangles.
Top to Bottom, Left to Right: Kenneth Jay Lane bracelet from Net-a-Porter, Amrita Singh bangles from Pink Mascara, Philippe Audibert cuff from Net-a-Porter, Nixon Small Player watch from Net-a-Porter, Nixon watch from Wink NYC, Archer bracelet from Giles and Brother
Loving these Nixon wathces - I feel like the black one has a great 80's vibe to it - I would rock that timepiece all day long! Wouldn't all of these together look dynamite?


Top to Bottom: Sara White and The Vault Files
I think mixing and matching gold and silver can totally be done - old style rules be damned! Adding in a few leather pieces give it a rocker-chic feel too.

Top to bottom, Left to right: Kate Spade from Nordstrom, Lee Angel from Net-a-Porter, Giles and Brother from Net-a-Porter, Isharya bangles from Net-a-Porter, Dannijo Harlow bracelet from Net-a-Porter, Hive and Honey leather cuff from Piper Lime
More fun bracelet choices - it was hard to just pick one image from Kate Spade - I am in love with her entire candy colored collection.

Top to Bottom: Lilie Blog and The Vault Files
What do you think? Do you love this over-sized clutch trend as much as I do? What about wearing stacks of bracelets all at once? I plan on adding both to my fashion repertoire as soon as possible.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Well thought out Ashley!! I myself am over the over sized womens watches. But overall great looks. - Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in loooove with the Harlow bracelet by Dannijo. Now I just need $200 lol :D

    Not sure I could give up my giant purse to cary a clutch.. I like to be able to sling it over my shoulder & forget it's there! Plus, I'd likely leave it behind somewhere...

    Great photos! Loving all the ideas!! I need more bracelets!

    ReplyDelete