Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Time for a Picnic


 I've been day dreaming about having an old-school picnic in the park with friends lately. I can't remember the last time I had a picnic - complete with the blanket and basket. Once the summer weather decides to catch up with the fact that its June here in Seattle, I am going to plan a picnic outing - and this will be my inspiration...

First, the outfit. Choosing the perfect attire for your event always comes first in my book. Now, considering this is my day dream, I might have chosen a few items that aren't all that "park appropriate". In real life, I would of course, add a pair of jeans and some tennis shoes to this collection...

Gingam dress - Dolce and Gabbana, Floppy Sun Hat - Tilly's, Gingham sunglasses - Mosley Tribes, Red Wedges - Kate Spade, Swimsuit - Betsey Johnson
Next, we are going to need supplies for this picnic - all of the essentials like blankets, a nifty basket, a few chairs, and my personal favorite, a personal-size portable grill.

Deck chair- Hive Modern, Colorful Picnic Blankets- Basic French, Picnic Plate- Terrain, Bento Box- Plastico, Picnic Blanket Roll- Mulberry Hall, BBQ Bucket- Terrain, Wine Bottle Lantern- Jaimie Oliver, Blanket- Cath Kidston    
Last, but certainly not least, let's not forget the eats. After all, good food is the main ingredient of a picnic - is it not? And these Mason Jar meal ideas from The Decorated Cookie are perfect - adorable and smart. Also smart? The wine in a bag with a spigot...brilliant.
Wine in a Bag- Finnish Design Shop, Wine Picnic Pack- Yellow Tail, Red Picnic Box- Picnic Fun, Polka Dot Picnic Set - Cath Kidston, Pink Made-to-Order Picnic Basket- Loewe
Now, if I could only pick a picnic basket from all the cute options out there, I would be ready to go. Are you feeling inspired to pack a picnic and get away too?

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh Ashley! I love your blog. You are simply the cutest, most fashionable person I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO MUCH Caroline! You are too too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete