Thursday, June 16, 2011

Espadrilles for Summer

When the time of year arrives that I can wear my flip flops every day of the week, night or day, I am a happy girl. Don't get me wrong - I love my tall heels, but flip flops are where its at during the summer - my toes love to be free and at the end of the day, there is nothing more comfortable.

But, if I had to pick a second favorite shoe for the summer months, it would be espadrilles! I have long had a love affair for these Spanish shoes - they are so unique and original with the rope and jute soles. They come in flat styles, wedge styles - and the fabrics and variations used to make them are so wide ranging.

I've never actually owned a pair of flat espadrilles (although I have had plenty of wedge versions), but looking at these, I am thinking I need to invest in a pair...

Blue Stripes - Kate Spade, Multi-colored Chevron - Missoni, Green Stripes - Kate Spade, Blue Sandals - Marais, Satin Espadrilles - Lanvin, Colored Print - Missoni, Silver Espadrilles - Delia's, Print Espadrilles - MiuMiu
I think I have to have the striped pair from Kate Spade - although, I do adore the ballet-slipper look of the pair from Lanvin!

There are plenty of adorable wedge versions out there too...


Braided Espadrilles - Christian Louboutin, Multi-colored Espadrilles - Missoni, Black Ankle Strap - BCBG, Red Stripe - Bettye Muller, Brown Leather - Ralph Lauren, Tan Suede - Unknown, Nude Closed Toe - Asos

Which ones are your favorite?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment