Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fall Trend: A Little Love for Leopard

Via Carl Kleiner
I love seeing the new trends that come with each new season in the fashion industry. Beyond the jewel tones I featured earlier this week, one of the other trends I adore for fall is leopard print. Leopard has been around for ages, clearly, but its absolutely huge right now, and I am ready to add a touch or two to my own closet. I am thinking along the lines of a pair of amazing heels or a scarf.

There are so many ways to wear animal prints - it all depends on whether you want to go big, or keep things simple with just a hint of the wild. A skirt or sweater is a great option for something in the middle, if a shoe is too little or a maxi dress is too much.

Top to Bottom, Left to Right: Karla's Closet, The Glitter Guide, Caroline's Mode, Vanessa Jackman, The Sartorialist   
Again, maxi dresses are in for fall, so if you are feeling like a wild woman, go all out with a leopard print one. I don't know if a leopard print maxi is up my alley, but I do love the idea of an animal or leopard print coat - so fun!

The Red See, Source Unknown, The Simply Luxurious Life

I have to admit, I am kind of all about these leopard print tights - where have they been all my life?

Tights - ModCloth, Coat - TopShop, Pink Sweater - Crumpet, Gray Sweater - Rebecca Taylor, Dress - Dolce and Gabbana

Now, let's talk bags. I think a big, over-sized bag in leopard print can be a little hard to pull off, but a clutch is just the right amount of animal print for most outfits.

Like, Whatever, Source Unknown, Hook the Look

My personal favorite would be the little round Meli-Melo cross-body bag - perfect for a night out on the town!

Miu Miu, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Meli Melo

Finally, my personal favorite way to wear leopard print - shoes, shoes and more shoes! Give it to me in flats or heels - but, animal print on a pair of heels is undeniably sexy and bold, and I am all about it.

Privileged Bitch, The Simply Luxurious Life, Sterling Style

You know leopard print is truly "in" when you can see it on shoes from flats and heels to Tom's and rain boots. Can't avoid it this season!

Brian Atwood, Tory Burch, Dolce and Gabbana, Ivanka Trump, Toms

How are you going to wear the leopard print trend this fall?

2 comments:

  1. You found great street style examples of leopard, Ashley! I'm not the biggest fan of the print, but these ladies definitely look classy and inspired me to give it a go. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh so much cheetah!! loveeee it allllll!!
    so happy i found u!
    xoxo
    lauren

    ReplyDelete