Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fashion Inspiration: Fur Vests

Source Unknown
Okay, so there are a lot of things on my wish list for fall - from boots and coats to dresses and jeans. But right at the top of that list is a fur vest. A few weeks ago at Fashion's Night Out, I saw them in nearly every store I went in and even though I've always thought fur (or faux fur) wasn't "my style", once I put one on just for fun, I realized I had been operating under the totally wrong assumption. It was fun, glamorous and edgy and clearly, I need to get one right away.

Now, I just need to decide if I want a black one - or a tan one...or both. Black is a great way to dress up an outfit in lieu of a coat, and a tan one would be the perfect accessory for a casual day outfit. I think that means I need one of each.

Vince, BB Dakota, BB Dakota, all images via ShopBop

Check out these style mavens below - they make the fur vest work with a whole host of different looks. With a skirt for ladylike chic, in all black for a glamorous uptown vibe, or with skinny jeans for a little bit of a rocker feel. I have to say, before this season, I didn't realize how versatile a fur vest could be!

The Simply Luxurious Life, Olivia Palermo via Marcus Design Inc, Rachel Zoe via Vmac and Cheese, Rebel Attitudes, Source Unknown

So, I have yet to find my perfect black faux fur vest, but I think these two below are my favorites I have seen so far. One short and cropped, one fluffy, luxe and cozy.
Michael by Michael Kors and Alice by Temperley, via Net-a-Porter
Are you sold on this trend for fall?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment