Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Designer Spotlight: Atelier Versace Fall 2011


I recently came across the look book for Atelier Versace's fall collection and I am entirely smitten with it. Its like wearable art. The collection has a little bit of everything - leather, satin, sequins, crystals, bright colors, nudes, eastern and Asian influences and avant garde cuts and shapes. Its high fashion couture, lavish and over the top, but strikingly gorgeous at the same time.

I love the combination of purple and green in the first gown and the sculptural details of the last three.


How beautiful is this skirt - I adore the way it falls wraps and is such an intricate pattern and design without being too overpowering.


The feathery leaf details on this first dress are incredible. I could see any one of these gowns on a starlet on the red carpet - the sleek black one or the glowing rose gold sequin one, especially. And the bright pink ballerina inspired dress? My favorite. Naturally.


Which dress is your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. Thats such a loaded question. I find I like the shape more than I like the actual patterns of the dresses. Still lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally a loaded question - I love the shapes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dress 3 reminds me of Betty (January Jones) from Mad Men. Fun!

    Kristina
    something2writeabout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete