Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Jet Set Style: Travel Accessories and Must-Haves

Image via Lisa Golightly
With this extreme non-summer weather we've been having here in Seattle, I am ready to pack my bags and head for sunnier pastures. Dreaming of flying away has got me thinking about all the luxurious travel items and must-have accessories that one needs when leading a jet-set lifestyle.

When you're traveling, your outfit is key. I am a firm believer that the wrong outfit choice can make a long trip harder and more uncomfortable than it needs to be. Since I am always freezing on airplanes, I think a cozy wrap sweater, like this cashmere one from Donna Karan, is a must. Combine that with a scarf (also to stay warm), stretchy black jeans - to keep things looking clean and stylish, and a comfy pair of shoes that are easy to slip on and off, and you're good to go. 

Sweater - Donna Karan, Jeans - Citizens of Humanity, Scarf - Yves Saint Laurent, Charm Bracelet - Juicy Couture, Shoes - Tom's
Next on the list of importance are all the essential beauty products you'll need to make sure you arrive at your destination looking impossibly fresh and stunning - not like you were just jostled on a plane for twelve hours.

Bobbi Brown's chubby stick will make cheeks look flushed and healthy, plus it comes in a nice small size. Touch up your eye-makeup that may smudge in-flight with the On the Spot Q-tips from i.d. that are already filled with makeup remover.

MAC provides travel size bottles that are perfect for shampoo and conditioner, and Frederic Fekkai makes his famous hairbrush in a mini size, too. The Laundress makes Crease Release spray that will get the wrinkles out of anything, and a featherweight travel-size hairdryer from T3 is a must. Always on the top of my packing list? My Clarisonic face brush - I literally, never leave home without it - their Mia model is a smaller, more travel friendly size.
Cheek Tint - Bobbi Brown, Makeup Remover Swabs - I.D., Travel Bottles - MAC, Hairbrush - Federic Fekkai, Face Cleansing Cloths - Philosophy, Crease Removal Spray - The Laundress, Hairdryer - T3, Travel Size Products - Philip B, Face Brush - Clarisonic, Cashmere Relaxation Set - Mus Segrete

Last but not least, you need the perfect bags and cases to carry all your belongings. I love the idea of having matching luggage, all perfectly coordinated, but that dream hasn't quite come true yet - and it may never - simply because there are too many beautiful bags, pouches and cases out there just waiting to be loved.

My dream carry-on? A Lous Vuitton Speedy - naturally. In my dream world, if I could get away with two carry-ons, I would also bring the Jimmy Choo shoe case to keep my most treasured stilettos safe and sound. And the new Mulberry nylon duffel bag would fold up into my suitcase perfectly - so I can have somewhere to pack my new "finds and treasures" on the way home.

For makeup and toiletry bags, Anya Hindmarch makes the cutest, most tongue-in-cheek designs. Her cases are labeled with phrases like "Girl Stuff" and "Lotions and Potions".

If you're traveling internationally, the gold standard in passport holders would have to be Smythson - I love the girly pink options! And don't forget your luggage tags to help identify your bags as they come down the shoot - these round ones from Neiman Marcus are my favorite for their fun sayings.

Leather Duffel Bag - Louis Vuitton, Suitcases - SteamLine, Luggage Tag - Tepper Jackson Collection, Black Faux-Crock Shoe Case - Jimmy Choo, Makeup Bags - Anya Hindmarch, Round Luggage Tags - Neiman Marcus, Passport Holder - Smythson, Duffle Bag - Mulberry
Now, if I only had that jet-set lifestyle...what are your travel essentials? I would love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment